Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Living So That - Chapter 1:Part 1

As I go through this newest OBS, I am going to try to post each part of each chapter here. I'm much better at typing than writing to get my thoughts out, so I think using this space will be super helpful. I am feeling such a strong calling to this book and what God wants me to learn from it. So, here goes, Chapter 1: Part 1 - "Share your thoughts as to why Jesus came to Earth."

I feel like this is such an easy question to answer, yet difficult at the same time. There are so many things I could say about this topic, but the gist of it is this...The World was full of sin. God loathes sin. God wanted us to be with Him in Heaven for eternity, but the only way to do that at the time was to go through a ridiculously complicated set of rituals & sacrifices to atone for your sin. God had a perfect plan to help us with our atonement once and for all, JESUS! "God sent his Son to be the Savior of the world." 1 John 4:14 (Props to AWANA for teaching me that verse!) With Jesus' sinless life and sacrifice, he took the place of all of us. He died so that we don't have to die. His ultimate sacrifice on the cross paid for all of our sins in the past, present, and future. So why did Jesus come to Earth? To save us, once and for all. FOR ALL. Hallelujah. There is nothing we have done to deserve this great gift, and there is nothing we can do to earn it. Thank you, God, for saving me.


No comments:

Post a Comment